Understand Slot Scatter and Wild SymbolsJanuary 25, 2019
Online slots change from time to time, but most of them have Scatter and Wild symbols. You’ll come across slots with both symbols, one of the symbols or none. However, most slots will have one or both. Players benefit from both symbols, but is there a significant difference?
If you’ve been playing online slots for some time, you know what Scatter symbols do. In case you have no clue, the definition may depend on the slot. However, most Scatter symbols trigger the game’s Free Spins or Bonus Game. You may be required to land two, three or more Scatters on the reels to trigger the feature. Scatters may also award a payout if you land 2 to 5 on the reels.
The Wild symbol or Wild card is another valuable symbol. It replaces the other symbols apart from Scatters to complete winning combinations. They can also create their own winning combos with bigger prizes. Wild symbols come in all shapes depending on the slot. The most common ones are described below.
- Shifting Wilds – These symbols usually emerge on the game’s last reel and shift their position whenever you spin the reels.
- Wandering Wilds – Wandering Wilds behave like Shifting Wilds, but they can emerge anywhere on the reels.
- Sticky Wilds – Sticky Wilds stay in one position as you spin the reels to create more winning opportunities.
- Trailing Wilds – Bonus features may have Trailing Wild symbols that create a trail of wild cards to give you more cash.
- Expanding Wilds – These symbols expand to cover the whole reel. If they appear on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd reel when playing certain games, you’re guaranteed a huge prize.
Online Slots with Generous Scatters
Clearly, there’s a significant difference between Scatter and Wild symbols. Both symbols play an important role when playing online slots. Check the paytable to learn more about these symbols and game rules.