Poker is a stone-cold Online Casino classic. But now you can enjoy playing live poker at online casinos in Canada without stepping through your front door. Enjoy a great live dealer experience when you play Poker live online on your desktop, mobile or tablet.
Playing online Poker is a snap. Once you’ve nailed the basics you’ll be ready to jump right in. Start with small stakes games and freerolls you’ll soon be playing like a pro.
There are different iterations of this classic game but Texas Hold ‘Em is by far the most popular. The aim of the game is to win your opponents poker chips by having the best hand or getting your opponents to fold.
Here’s how to play:
– The BLINDS: the two players to the left of the dealer make compulsory bets called the big blind and the small blind
– The HOLE CARDS: two cards are dealt face down to every player
– The BET: the player to the left of the big blind can now call, raise or fold and the rest of the players do the same
– The FLOP: three cards are dealt and players can check if no one has made a bet
– The TURN: one card is dealt and another round of betting happens
– The RIVER: the last card is dealt and the last bets are made
– The player with the best hand takes the pot
Playing Poker online at a live casino in Canada is all about the betting strategy. Knowing how Poker bets work should help you master poker faster:
Small Blind: The player sat between the dealer (button) and the big blind bets 50% of the big blind bet.
Big Blind: The player seated to the left of the small blind places this bet.
Ante: Each player in the game must place this bet later in the game.
Every betting round needs to be completed before play can continue. Here are the options:
Check: if you check you can keep your cards without making a bet. But you can only check if there are no bets.
Fold: scrap your cards and wait for the next hand, but only when you’re facing a bet.
Bet: the minimum bet is the same as the big blind.
Call: match the current bet.
Raise: up the ante by raising the size of the initial bet.
Poker hands to watch out for
Look out for the 10 best poker hands when you play at a live casino online:
1. Royal Flush: 10 to A of the same suit
2. Straight Flush: Five cards in numerical order of the same suit
3. Four of a Kind
4. Full House: three of a kind and a pair
5. Flush: five cards of the same suit
6. Straight: 5 cards in numerical order but not the same suit
7. Three of a Kind
8. Two Pair
9. One Pair
10. High Card: if no player has a pair the highest ranked card wins
Play Poker with our New Live Online Casino
If you want to play poker with our new live online casino sign up today and be sure to bring your Poker face!